Aimsun Software Update Subscription Policy
Please read this policy carefully: it contains important information about activating and maintaining your subscription.
- “Software” shall mean a) the Aimsun application software and any of its components or plugin applications, in object code form only, b) any documentation concerning said Software supplied by Aimsun to Licensee, and c) any versions, modifications, enhancements, updates or similar changes to said Software and/or documentation, whether developed by or for Aimsun, which may, at Aimsun’s sole discretion, be provided by Aimsun to Licensee. “Software” will only include the applications and components that have been effectively paid and licensed to the Licensee according to the purchased made as agreed with Aimsun.
- The Software Update Subscription (the “SUS”) entitles you to receive version updates (for example, an update from version 8.0 to 8.1) when and if commercially available, during the active SUS period, for the Aimsun Software products for which the SUS is originally purchased. Aimsun shall solely determine what constitutes a version update.
- The duration of the SUS is one year from the date of activation unless otherwise defined in writing by Aimsun. The SUS shall be activated at the date indicated in the corresponding invoice of purchase, issued by Aimsun or Aimsun’s distributor. An initial one-year SUS is included in any Aimsun Software license.
- SUS renewals may be purchased prior to the SUS expiration date. Upon renewal of your SUS, the new subscription period starting date will be the date immediately following the date of expiration of your then current SUS. Failure to renew your SUS prior to expiration will result in cancellation of your SUS. To reinstate a cancelled SUS, you must purchase an Aimsun product update and a SUS.
- Upon activation of your SUS, you will be notified by email (if you have provided Aimsun with a valid email address upon activation of your SUS) when version updates are available for download. You should notify Aimsun immediately in the event of a change in your email address or contact information.
- Use of any update distributed to you pursuant to the terms of this SUS Policy shall be governed by the Aimsun End User License Agreement. The SUS is not transferable.
If you have any questions, please contact our Customer Service team at firstname.lastname@example.org