We are delighted to invite our UK users to the second edition of the UK Aimsun Users’ Meeting!
In addition to updates on Aimsun traffic modelling software, innovative use and research, there are speakers from Transport for London, Highways England and consultancies such as Systra and Arup.
The UK AUM will be held in the Hilton Manchester Deansgate Hotel in Beetham Tower, one of Manchester’s landmark buildings. A few minutes’ walk from Deansgate train station, there are easy transport links to Manchester Airport, Old Trafford and the Phones 4U Arena.
Hilton Manchester Deansgate Hotel
Manchester M3 4LQ
9:30 – 10:00 – Registration
10:00 – 11:00 – Software News
- Opening Remarks – Gavin Jackman, TSS
- Advances in Aimsun – Paolo Rinelli, TSS
- Aimsun Model Auditing Process (AMAP) Development – John Green & Carmen Muriana-Cobo, Transport for London
11:00 – 11:20 – Coffee Break
11:20 – 12:30 – Aimsun in Use
- The Pros and Cons of Geometry Configurations (Aimsun 8.1) – Holly-Anne Barber & Rachel Sidebottom, Arup
- Co-ordinating wide–area modelling and Aimsun microsimulation – Colin Torode Tees Valley Combined Authority
- Mesoscopic Modelling of Urban Areas – The MetroGreen Case Study in Gateshead – Memon Abdul Qadeer & Mohammed Aamir Shaikh,
12:30 – 1:30 – Lunch
1:30 – 3:00 – Research with Aimsun
- Traffic Emission Simulation in Aimsun – James Tate, Leeds University, Institute for Transport Studies
- HumanDrive, A Highways England Perspective – Phil Gibbins, Highways England
- Modelling Connected and Autonomous Vehicles with Aimsun API in the Flourish project
– Tassos Leotsarakos, Atkins
- Multi-Modal Operator-in-the-Loop Simulation Using Aimsun – Richard Romano, Leeds University, Institute for Transport Studies
3:00 – 3:20 – Coffee Break
3:20 – 4:30 – Aimsun in Use
- A Micro Approach to Macro Models – Andrew Bradshaw, Fore Consulting Ltd
- Aimsun Online in Lyon – Joan Roca, TSS
- Developing a “Swiss Army” Model – Alistair Kitson & Tessa Hayman, Systra
4:30 – Close
Prices and registration
UK AUM participant: 150 GBP
UK AUM speaker: 100 GBP
These prices include lunch and two coffee breaks.
To book your place, please fill out the UKAUM 2017 registration form and return it to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have any questions, feel free to call Pete Sykes directly on 07734 112230.
Beetham Tower is the venue for this year’s UK AUM
Beetham Tower location
UKAUM 2016: Craig Drury of Highways England chaired the expert panel, where the topic was, “How will transport models adapt as society changes its expectations regarding mobility?”