Simulating with Aimsun Next
May 13-15, 2019
Sign up now for this three-day training course in central Toronto, from Monday 13 May to Wednesday 15 May, 2019.
The course is aimed at both new users and users who wish to refresh or extend their skills in microscopic and mesoscopic simulations.
Morning session: 09:15 – 13:00 (including a 15-min break)
Afternoon session: 13:45 – 18:00 (including a 15-min break)
Editing a model
- Geometry, traffic demand, signals, public transport
- Dynamic scenarios, experiments and replications
- Presenting results
- Time series, thematic maps
- Scenario comparison
- Traffic management actions
- Modeling incidents and mitigation strategies
- Modeling turn restrictions, reversible lanes, and other scheduled events
Dynamic traffic assignment
- Dynamic traffic assignment framework
- Cost functions
Dynamic traffic assignment (cont.)
- Stochastic route choice algorithm and parameters
- Dynamic user equilibrium algorithm and parameters
- Practical applications
Microscopic network loading
- Microscopic vehicle behavior
- Calibration of a microscopic model
Mesoscopic and hybrid network loading
- Mesoscopic vehicle behavior
- Calibration of a mesoscopic model
- Guidelines for hybrid microscopic-mesoscopic simulation
Price and registration
Price: 1800 CAD
To reserve your place, please fill out the registration form and send it to firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible.
Maximum class sizes apply.
Registration fee includes instruction, training material, and the Aimsun Next training license. You’ll need to bring a laptop in order to do the hands-on practical exercises.