Simulating with Aimsun Next
4-6 November 2019, Barcelona
Sign up now for this three-day training course in central Barcelona, from Monday 4 November to Wednesday 6 November, 2019.
This course is aimed at new users of Aimsun Next Professional edition who want to learn about simulation at the microscopic and mesoscopic level. Your experienced trainer will take you all the way through the workflow of a typical project, from editing to traffic management, scenarios, outputs and calibration. There are hands-on exercises every step of the way to make sure you have mastered the basic concepts and you should finish this course ready to start experimenting with Aimsun software.
Take it further!
Users who want more in-depth knowledge can combine this course with our one-day course on travel demand modeling
that immediately follows, in the same location, on Thursday 7 November 2019.
If you want to attend both courses, there’s no need to fill out separate forms, just tick both boxes in the registration form below.
Morning session: 09:15 – 13:00 (including a 15-min break)
Afternoon session: 13:45 – 18:00 (including a 15-min break)
Editing a model
- Geometry, traffic demand, signals, public transport
- Dynamic scenarios, experiments and replications
- Presenting results
- Time series, thematic maps
- Scenario comparison
- Traffic management actions
- Modeling incidents and mitigation strategies
- Modeling turn restrictions, reversible lanes, and other scheduled events
Dynamic traffic assignment
- Dynamic traffic assignment framework
- Cost functions
Dynamic traffic assignment (cont.)
- Stochastic route choice algorithm and parameters
- Dynamic user equilibrium algorithm and parameters
- Practical applications
Microscopic network loading
- Microscopic vehicle behaviour
- Calibration of a microscopic model
Mesoscopic and hybrid network loading
- Mesoscopic vehicle behaviour
- Calibration of a mesoscopic model
- Guidelines for hybrid microscopic-mesoscopic simulation
Prices and registration
Simulating with Aimsun Next, price per person: € 1,200 (Taxes not included)
To book your place, please fill out the registration form and send it to email@example.com as soon as possible.
Maximum class sizes apply.
Registration fee includes instruction, training material, and the Aimsun Next training license for the hands-on exercises. You’ll need a laptop in order to do these practical exercises – if you don’t have one available, please let us know when you register and we can provide one for you (availability is limited).