Training course: Simulating with Aimsun Next
September 11-13, 2019
Los Angeles, CA
Sign up now for this three-day training course in Los Angeles.
The course is aimed at both new users and users who wish to refresh or extend their skills in microscopic and mesoscopic simulations.
US licensed Professional Engineers note: attendees of this course earn 22.5 professional development hours (PDH)!
Morning session: 09:15 – 13:00 (including a 15-min break)
Afternoon session: 13:45 – 18:00 (including a 15-min break)
Editing a model
- Geometry, traffic demand, signals, public transport
- Dynamic scenarios, experiments and replications
- Presenting results
- Time series, thematic maps
- Scenario comparison
- Traffic management actions
- Modeling incidents and mitigation strategies
- Modeling turn restrictions, reversible lanes, and other scheduled events
Dynamic traffic assignment
- Dynamic traffic assignment framework
- Cost functions
Dynamic traffic assignment (cont.)
- Stochastic route choice algorithm and parameters
- Dynamic user equilibrium algorithm and parameters
- Practical applications
Microscopic network loading
- Microscopic vehicle behavior
- Calibration of a microscopic model
Mesoscopic and hybrid network loading
- Mesoscopic vehicle behavior
- Calibration of a mesoscopic model
- Guidelines for hybrid microscopic-mesoscopic simulation
Price and registration
Price: 1500 USD (Excluding taxes)
US licensed engineers note: attendees of this course earn 22.5 professional development hours (PDH)!
To reserve your place, please fill out the registration form and send it to firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible.
Maximum class sizes apply.
Registration fee includes instruction, training material, and the Aimsun Next training license. You’ll need to bring a laptop in order to do the hands-on practical exercises.