Aimsun Next Advanced from A-Z
15-18 July 2019, Brisbane
This four-day, hands-on Aimsun Next training course will be held in English from Monday 15th July to Thursday 18th July in central Brisbane.
This course walks you all the way through the workflow of a typical project, from editing to traffic management, scenarios, outputs and calibration, with hands-on exercises to make sure you have mastered the basic concepts. After this course, you should be ready to start experimenting with Aimsun Next software.
Training centre to be confirmed – but it will be located in Brisbane CBD.
Morning session: 09:00 – 13:00 (including a 15-min break)
Afternoon session: 14:00 – 18:00 (including a 15-min break)
- Geometry, traffic demand, signal plans, public transport
- Dynamic scenarios, microscopic experiments and replications
- Attributes overrides and Geometry configurations
- Outputs calculation
- Time series, thematic maps
- Scenario comparison
- Traffic management actions
- Modelling incidents and mitigation strategies
- Modelling turn restrictions, reversible lanes and other scheduled events
Dynamic Traffic Assignment
- Dynamic traffic assignment framework
- Cost functions
- Stochastic route choice algorithm and parameters
- Dynamic user equilibrium algorithm and parameters
- Practical applications
Microscopic network loading
- Microscopic vehicle behaviour
- Calibration of a microscopic model
Mesoscopic and hybrid network loading
- Mesoscopic vehicle behaviour
- Calibration of a mesoscopic model
- Hybrid microscopic-mesoscopic simulation
- Static traffic assignment
- Traversal demand calculation
- Demand adjustment
Prices and registration
Price per person:
Day 1 & 2: 1,500 AUD
Day 3: 750 AUD
Day 4: 750 AUD
To book your place on this course please fill in the registration form and send it to firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible.
Maximum class sizes apply.