Geometry Configurations Part 2 – Duplicating Public Transport Lines and Public Transport Plans
Technical Note #11
By Andreu Tarrida
Duplicating Public Transport Lines and Public Transport Plans
Public Transport Lines use the scenario’s network, which can be defined by a set of geometry configurations. This being so, you need to duplicate any public transport Lines that are interrupted by any of these geometry configurations and then redefine their route in accordance with the new network. You’ll also need to update Public Transport Plans.
Imagine you want to apply two new geometric configurations. First apply GC1 only. In the final scenario apply both GC1 and GC2.
L10 is affected by GC1 and GC2; L20 is affected only by GC1; L30 is not affected by any of them.
In Scenario 1:
- Duplicate L10 and redefine its route (L10_1)
- Duplicate L20 and redefine its routes (L20_1)
- Don’t make any changes to L30
- Duplicate the original Public Transport Plan and replace L10 and L20 with L10_1 and L20_1 respectively
In Scenario Future:
- L10 is interrupted by both GC1 and GC2. Duplicate it and redefine its route (L10_F)
- L20 is interrupted by GC1. Use L20_1, which was previously defined for Scenario 1
- L30 remains the same
- Duplicate the original Public Transport Plan and replace L10 with L10_F, and L20 with L20_1