Sensitivity analysis paper wins ‘Best Simulation Paper of 2013’ award at TRB
This award-winning paper, co-authored by members of the TSS team and their associates, discusses a metamodel-based technique for model sensitivity analysis and applies it to the Aimsun mesoscopic model.
The authors argue that the application of sensitivity analysis is crucial for the true comprehension and correct use of the traffic simulation model while also acknowledging that the main obstacle to an extensive use of the most sophisticated techniques is the high number of model runs that is generally required.
Full paper title: From theory to practice: Gaussian process metamodels for the sensitivity analysis of traffic simulation models. A case study of the Aimsun mesoscopic model.
- Biagio Ciuffo (Institute for the Environment and Sustainability European Commission – Joint Research Centre)
- Jordi Casas (TSS-Transport Simulation Systems and Universitat de Vic)
- Marcello Montanino (Department of Transportation Engineering, Università di Napoli “Federico II”)
- Josep Perarnau (TSS-Transport Simulation Systems)
- Vincenzo Punzo (Institute for Energy and Transport European Commission – Joint Research Centre)
Please click here or on the diagram to read the paper in full.