We are delighted to invite you to join us for our 14th Aimsun Users’ Meeting on Monday 19th and Tuesday 20th September 2016.
This year we will be meeting in the Semiramis design hotel in Kifissia, just outside the Greek capital of Athens. As ever, the meeting will be followed by a one-day Aimsun training course on Wednesday 21st September, also at the Semiramis Hotel.
We will be holding the Aimsun Users’ Meeting in the Semiramis design hotel in the town of Kifissia just outside Athens. Kifissia has a gentler climate than Athens and a reputation as an exclusive escape, with plenty of fine restaurants and bars.
The Semiramis itself is a radical departure from classical Greek architecture, where bright sweetshop colors, curvaceous furniture and rubber floors play alongside a rotating collection of contemporary fine art.
Nearest airport: Athens Airport is 30 km away or a 20-minute drive.
- Monday 19th September – Evening cocktails and buffet dinner on the glamorous poolside terrace of the Semiramis Hotel. With DJ and open bar.
- Sunday 18th September: Meet in the hotel reception at 18:00 to go for a guided bus and walking tour of the Olympic Stadium, Temple of Olympian Zeus and Arch of Hadrian. After catching the famous changing of the guard at Syntagma Square and we’ll go and enjoy some creative Greek cuisine at Yiantes restaurant in central Athens.
Date: Wednesday 21st September
Location: Semiramis Hotel
Tutor: Paolo Rinelli
The aim of this course is to familiarise participants with the new features in Aimsun 8.2.
Training topics will include:
- Dynamic OD adjustment
- Transit assignment with crowding
- New options for DUE assignment
- In-depth RGap analysis
- Signal timings and node conflicts at macroscopic level
- Simulation recorder and player
Each topic will be supported by practical, hands-on exercises and we’ll finish up, as always, with plenty of time for questions and answers.
Participants please note that you must bring your own laptops. Computers will not be provided at the Semiramis.
We have negotiated special room rates for you at the venue hotel as part of a package that includes attendance at the Aimsun Users’ Meeting and/or the training course. For specific details, please refer to the Registration Form below.
Prices and registration
For prices, speaker discounts and accommodation booking, please refer to the Registration Form: Aimsun Users’ Meeting and training course, Athens 2016.
Places are limited so please send the form as soon as possible to email@example.com.
We look forward to seeing you all in Greece!